Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Retro Ruffle Romper


Is there anything cuter than ruffled baby tooshie?

I am catching up on the projects I have been wanting share.  Life gets a little crazy for everyone. But lately when I have a bit of down time, and the computer is not being monopolized by my 10 year old for Minecraft, I have been sorting through pictures that have been sitting on my computer, patiently waiting for me to get to them.  

For my little Simonne's 1st birthday, I whipped up this cute little romper.  Isn't the fabric perfect?!  I scored in the Joann's Red Tag area and found the vintage looking roses on the butter yellow background for $4/ yard.

Simplicity has reprinted pattern #1600 under "Simplicity Vintage Baby." 
 I love this pattern! It was really was a fast sew with the ruffles being the longest part of the process.  I made this even before I had the ruffle foot.  Imagine how fast it would be to make with that!


As you can see the straps turned out to be a bit long, but a cute little knot in the back fixed it perfectly.
I wish that I had made about 5 more of these and so my little girl could have teetered around in them that summer and that I had made the bonnet in the pattern, but since my now three year old refuses to wear hats, gasp!, I can only hope someone close to me will have a baby girl soon.

XOXO,
City Girl






1 comment: