Monday, February 3, 2014

Valentine's Day inspired by Pinterest


Last year while I was sick in bed for a couple months I developed a legitimate Pinterest obsession.  I loved Pinterest before, but since I was unable to craft, cook, or really anything, I would get my fix on looking at what everyone else was doing.  February was when I started to be able to get out of bed regularly and most food did not completely gross me out. I wanted to do some special things for my family for Valentine's Day to show them how much I loved them and missed them when I was sequestered in my room.  That's when I turned to all the  Valentine's Day projects inspired by ideas found on Pinterest!


  The first thing I wanted to do was to make some interesting Valentine's for my son's class and my daughter's friends.  It is hard to find Valentine's that are boyish enough but still cute.


 When I saw these alligators, I new I had to make them. Check out the free template from Skip to My Lou .  Cindy does warn you there is a lot of cutting, folding, and gluing.  But once you see these cute creations, how can you resist??? My son loved how we were able to fill the bodies with lollipops. 

Aren't they adorable!
Since the alligators turned out so adorable, I found another girlie Valentine card for my daughter to give out to her class. These printable butterfly valentines, again from Skip to My Lou worked perfectly.  I really liked the minimal cutting with these and the little googly eyes on the lollipops really make the butterflies extra cute.

For Valentine's Day morning, I wanted the kids to start their day with a smile.

Found this great easy idea for bacon hearts from The Paper Mama.  The heart shaped bacon and heart shaped pancakes with some fresh cantalope made a festive and delish breakfast. 
 Great day and great memory.  Love my munchkins.
 What is your favorite Pinterest pin or Valentine's Day craft?  I love to hear about what everyone is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment