Monday, November 11, 2013

Princess Crown Cake using Cricut Cake

Last year I offered to make a princess themed cake for my niece's 5th birthday.  I was hoping to make a castle cake, but since we were going to deliver it to the party location about an hour a way, I could not risk a cake disaster.  I opted for a simple cake in shape, but enhanced the decoration with fondant.

I covered the entire two tier cake with pink and purple fondant and accented with golden crowns and golden stars, pink letters personalizing the cake, and some royal icing flowers. The crowns were cut out using my Cricut Cake.  The stars and lettering were cut using the Wilton cookie cutters.  I attempted edible glitter on the crowns, but it doesn't really show up on the pictures.  Finally, I topped off the cake matching paper crowns, cut on my Cricut Expression using glittered card stock.  My niece had a special day at her fancy princess tea party.  And I feel so grateful I could be a part of the celebration.

What is your favorite birthday memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment