Friday, October 2, 2015

Elephant Halloween Costume- McCall's 6105 Pattern Review

I was thrilled to pieces when my youngest daughter was able to wear the elephant costume last Halloween.  This is the same costume I made for my son when he was 18 months old.
My middle daughter wore this costume too but unfortunately I don't have any pictures.
 

This project was my first attempt to make a costume for my kids. After this adventure I was hooked and knew with enough time and patience I could tackle any costume.
McCalls 6105
 I used McCalls 6105 for the pattern.  Instead of cotton, I used fleece since it is soft, durable, and cozy.  Where we live, it traditionally just starts to get cold a couple days before Halloween, so it is nice to have a comfy warm costume for the little ones. 



I always like to share what the end result and compare it to the pattern picture. I think it turned out really close to the original with a couple exceptions.

With the use of fleece, I was able not use interfacing for some of the steps. 


Other than long list of steps to construct the costume, the techniques needed were simple. 
If you are needing up the ante on the cuteness factor this Halloween, give this pattern a try!
 



I just had to show how cute my babies are and how much they look alike.  Love those little monkeys elephants!  




XOXO,

City Girl

1 comment:

  1. This costume is amazing. Such a lot of work, it's lovely that you have been able to use it for multiple children.
    Never underestimate the importance of weather appropriate costumes, My poor kids learnt early on to layer up under the more flimsy costumes!

    ReplyDelete